Nicholson’s Cycles is an independent family owned retail cycle shop located in Dundee, Scotland. The original business was opened in 1949 by Jack and Irene Nicholson. Jack was a member of the Dundee Thistle Cycling Club and a good amateur rider. The site of the original shop was No. 15 Arbroath Road, Dundee. The shop was a “Mecca” for all level of cyclists during the 1950’s and 1960’s. Brands such as The Flying Scot , Holdsworth , Bob Jackson , Falcon and Raleigh were much sought after bikes. Into the 1970’s, the business re-located to the current site at No. 2 Forfar Road, Dundee. Jack and Irene retired and the Nicholson name continued to flourish throughout the 1980’s under the guidance of Jack’s son-in-law Bryn Williams and Jack’s daughter Margaret .The brand names have changed but the family tradition continues. As the shop moves into the 67th year of trading, Bryn and Margaret are making way for their son-in-law Colin. Colin is ably assisted by Mark, 30 years service and Billy, 27 years service. Our new member of the team is Will who takes on the role of junior technician in our busy workshop.
The shop stocks an excellent range of quality products. Our technicians are Cytec trained to level 2 & 3.
Our mission statement is to continue providing a service that meets with our customer expectations. We will always go that extra mile if that’s what it takes.
VAT number: 345 0392 69. Partners: Colin Murray, Bryn Williams, Margaret Williams.
Address at which documents relating to the business may effectively be served:
Nicholson’s Cycles, 2-4 Forfar Road, DUNDEE, DD4 7AR.